Ti ar Vro Kemper (Quimper Community House) promotes Breton culture alongside the community groups.
The association was created in 1996, initiated by Quimper Town Hall and Quimper cultural associations. It currently groups together around 40 associations coming from music, dance, Breton language, arts and the twinning committees.
Ti ar Vro Kemper plays a part in :
- information and documentation by means of its information centre Teuliaoueg, the quarterly newsletter Ar Vro and its website;
- the development of the Breton language numerous areas of activity (public, economic and artistic life etc...);
- Artistic creation;
- Promotion of young talent (fest-noz with the National Music Conservatory, Kemper o Tañsal shows – ‘Dance in Quimper’);
- Increasing schoolchildren’s awareness, with the collaboration of member associations and the partnership of cultural participants of Quimper-Cornouaille;
Ti ar Vro Kemper assists in the set-up and organisation of other cultural federations or country groups :
- in Lower Brittany Emglev Bro Douarnenez, Startijenn ar Vro Vigoudenn (Bigouden country), Tud Bro Konk (Concarneau – Aven country);
- in Brittany with the Breton Cultural Agency (Nantes), Al levrig (Lannion-Cavan), Emglev Bro An Oriant (Lorient), K.L.T. (Morlaix), Sked (Brest), Skeudenn Bro Roazhon (Rennes), Ti ar Vro Leon (Lesneven).
Ti Ar Vro Kemper
3, esplanade famille Gabaï (access via rue Jean Jaurès)
More information at Ti Ar Vro website.